As the weather turns cool and crisp, our homes become more of a retreat than ever. Using hues of golden yellow, earthy green and brown, and deep red and purple, you can transform your summer cottage into a cozy haven.
North Park Model Home Living Room
When transitioning to fall, I always begin by packing up all the summer accessories. Time to pack away the spring nests, light weight bedding, linen curtains, light colored slipcovers, and cool summer colored throw pillows. I have storage tubs labeled for each season where I store my favorite seasonal accessories. One of my favorite things is changing the décor from season to season.
Lubbock New Home Center Kari Living Room
Lubbock New Home Center Kari Formal Dining Area
The following additions can transform your living space and help you welcome fall:
• Add warm fuzzy throws and richly textured pillows in the living room.
• Remove slipcovers from wooden furniture to introduce warm brown tones to your room’s color palette.
• Add a slipcover in a warm color to a sofa or a chair. This creates a dramatic change without replacing furniture.
• Fill the air with fall scents by lighting a fall-scented candle.
• Enhance and warm up a bare floor with a heavy rug.
• Trade out light weight summer bedding for a down comforter and warm blankets.
• Clean the fireplace so it will be ready for the first cool night.
• Display your favorite fall décor on your mantel.
• Replace front porch flower pots with fall inspired décor to welcome your guests.
What’s your favorite way to use décor to welcome fall?