If you’ve visited our model homes or live in a recently-built Betenbough home, you know our homes have granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms. A neat fact about our granite is that we get it right here in Texas from Allied Stone, a company who’s received the Consumer’s Choice Award for Business Excellence 5-years running!
Granite not only looks great, but is also incredibly strong. What you may not realize is because it is a natural stone, it is porous and requires a little TLC. So what do you need to know to keep the granite in your home in tip-top shape? Read our tips below:
Granite in the Odessa New Home Center.
-You need to reseal your granite once a year. If water does not bead on top of it, it needs to be resealed.
-Granite can stain and should be maintained and cleaned with non-harsh, natural cleaners.
- DO use drink coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol or citrus juices.
- DO use trivets or mats under hot dishes or cookware.
- DO dust frequently.
- DO blot up spills immediately to minimize permanent damage to the stone.
- DO clean surfaces regularly with cleaners designed for stone.
- DON’T use vinegar, bleach, ammonia, general purpose bathroom cleaners or tub and tile cleaners.
- DON’T use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for stone.
Have you seen all our granite options? Stop by one of our model homes to see new granite options! For more information on our homes visit our website.