Last week we celebrated the completion of our Homes for Hope project in Midland! Through this project we will be able to impact thousands of struggling entrepreneurs worldwide. This is largely due to the commitment of our Permian Basin trade partners. They amazed us with their generosity and overwhelming support by donating labor and materials toward the construction of the home.
Because of donated labor and material, the home’s proceeds totaled $150,000, which we donated in full to HOPE International! HOPE International works in many of the world’s poorest countries to help families escape poverty through business development.
We want to extend a big thank you to Midland community leaders, the Midland Chamber of Commerce and our trade partners who joined us in celebrating this project.
Homes for Hope Overview
- The nonprofit organization, Homes for Hope, partners with residential home builders throughout the United States to construct homes in the builders’ local communities. Betenbough Homes coordinated Midland’s first-ever Homes for Hope project.
- Numerous trade partners and suppliers came alongside Betenbough Homes to donate labor, materials and services, and construct the home.
- The home is sold to a local family. The home’s net profits benefit HOPE International, a Christian organization working in many of the world’s poorest countries to help families escape poverty through business development such as microfinance.
- HOPE’s programs are effectively reaching over 575,000 entrepreneurs worldwide. They boast a 96% repayment rate for microloans.
- HOPE International has staff working in 17 countries. Their staff work with local families, providing loans to entrepreneurs to start small businesses. Theresa is just one example of thousands. She lives in the Dominican Republic and received a loan to start a clothing business. She is now able to feed and educate her children, breaking the cycle of poverty for her family. During Theresa’s loan process, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Her loan officer walked with her through that time in her life, caring about her personally and spiritually, not just financially.