Our team strives to install high quality products inside every new Betenbough Home. One of these products is travertine, purchased from local vender, Yates Flooring Center. Travertine is a natural stone that will last a lifetime, and also looks great.
To keep your travertine in tip-top shape, read our tips below!
- Travertine is durable, wears well and will last a lifetime. However, it is a natural stone and requires TLC.
- Travertine, granite and marble are similar in composition and therefore maintenance requirements are basically the same for all three! Sealing travertine can help control staining.
- Blot any liquid splash immediately. Travertine is sensitive to substances such as coffee, fruit juice, tomato sauce, sodas and hard cleaning products.
- Clean surfaces with a sponge or a soft cloth. Travertine is a natural stone and hard cleaning products should not be used regularly. Instead, wipe down small messes with warm water and use a stone cleaner for big messes.
- Always use a dry hand, or kitchen towel to buff off any moisture on your travertine.
- Use generic cleaning products. The chemicals found in these products can degrade the quality of the travertine, leaving it more susceptible to stains.
- Use vinegar, ammonia, lemon or orange for cleaning travertine.
- Use hair products, perfumes, colognes, or nail products near your travertine. Products such as these can damage the stone.
Interested in learning more about the products we use in our homes? Stop by our New Home Center to learn more! For more information about our homes, visit betenbough.com.