Here are some quick tips to add a creative touch to your home for the holidays!
1. Work around a centerpiece. This could be something that adds height such as candles or a mini Christmas trees. Another great option is a continuous piece that adds length to your table while providing open sight lines for conversation such as a scarf, blanket or garland used as a runner.
2. Personalize your place setting to make each guest feel special! Simply add a hand written nametag or a small gift at each seat for guests to take home.
3. If decorating isn’t your thing, you can’t go wrong with food! To keep it easy try having a buffet or finger foods set out and a drink station for an easy self-serve system. As a hostess you’ll be able to focus on conversations and not be stuck in the kitchen. A hot chocolate bar is always a hit!
3 tips for a festive kids table
Lets be real, these tips are to help keep the kids entertained while the adults enjoy a meal together!
- Have a simple mess free craft ready for them. These are made out of pipe cleaners and beads.
Get this craft here.
2. Use a word search or coloring sheet as a placemat with crayons at the table.
You can download a free printable sheet here.
3. Have a gingerbread decorating station set up. Provide all the materials and allow the kids to have fun creating their own dessert!
Station setup details here.
We hope these tips bring your home many more laughs and memories this holiday season. For our Betenbough family to yours, Happy Holidays!